Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today's Playlist

Music has always played a central part in my life so I am going to start including some of my favorite tracks. All of the links below are direct download from Rapidshare, in .AAC format (that's ITunes' preferred format). Enjoy!

Today... House/Club Music.

Family (Blaze Roots Remix) - This is the song "Family," from the movie Dreamgirls, set to a hot beat. The first time I heard this, I was at Blackout in Atlanta. We LIVED!!!

Women Beat Their Men - a NYC house classic by Submission. This is Cevin's Peak Hour Dub. If anyone has a longer version than this one (It's about 7 minutes) let me know.

Closer - Subkulcha House Remix - Ne-Yo produced a whole CD of remixes of his song Closer. This is one of my favorite mixes.

Loving is Really My Game - Remember that episode of Noah's Arc when Alex and company did that highly improbable impromptu drag number? This is the song they did. The group was called Brainstorm, featuring a pre-I Will Survive Gloria Gaynor.

Batucada - Latin Percussion Mix - A drum and bass classic.

Beautiful People (Masters at Work Mix) - Barbara Tucker

Strut (Liza Dub mix) - The legendary Kevin Aviance

You Don't Even Know Me - Armand Van Helden

No comments: